Global- Nix Mix
Photo in News
Follow our Facebook Journey
What is a Journey?
Subscription Options: Social A La Nix
Most men have a deep dark secret that they don’t want to share with anyone, its even taboo to talk about it among themselves. Most guys don’t know what type of tie to wear with there stripped or plaid shirt. Give us a solid shirt and 99 percent of guys will figure out how to match it with a tie, but give us a shirt with plaid or stripe on it, and we are lost like a puppy. Here are a few tips. Time to get rid of that fear fellas!
1) For fine stripe shirt, textured ties look the best (fine stripe shirt) FINE STRIPED COTTON SHIRT $175.00; 1901 Solid Knit Tie $39.50
2) When choosing a tie for a multi-striped shirt, pick a skinny tie that is the same color as one of the stripes. Hugo Boss ‘EllisX’ Slim Fit (Modified Point Collar) Dress Shirt $115.00; (tie) John Varvatos Star USA Woven Silk Tie purple $85.00
3) A Glen Plaid shirt kind of guy? Then, you should use a thick stripe tie that underscores the boldness of the shirt. (Glen Plaid Shit) lunapark check shirt – button cuff $195.00; Thomas Pink deeside woven tie $105.00
4) Out and about in a Gingham shirt? dont forget to wear a dark tie with a understated pattern (gingham shirt) John Varvatos Star USA Pattern Dress Shirt $90.00; Hugo Boss Slim Silk Patterned Tie $95.00
5) If a windowpane shirt is more your style, than try a diagonal striped tie that reflects the same color as the shirt. Calvin Klein steel slim fit non-iron grid dress shirt $69.50; Brooks Brothers Woven Silk Tie $79.50
6) Own a Bengal stripe shirt? Then match it with a dark tie with an understated pattern (Bengal strip shirt) playland stripe shirt – button cuff $185.00 Thomaspink.com (tie) Burberry Woven Silk Tie $145.00 Nordstrom.com
**Click on image for online purchase of the featured items.